4th AI&I Annual Symposium: Challengingthe immune system
We are very pleased to announce the 4th Amsterdam Infection & Immunity Institute (AI&II) Annual Symposium
Please join us on June 24, 2021 at OBA (Openbare Bibliotheek Amsterdam / Amsterdam Public Library), Oosterdokskade 143 in Amsterdam.
New this year
- Easy to reach great new location, close to Amsterdam Central Station:Amsterdam Public Library
- Parallel sessions based on your abstracts
- 6 Prizes of 250 euro each will be awarded to the top presentations of each parallelsession (25% chance!)
- Special seminar plus panel discussion with renowned scientists about the Corona virusoutbreak: what are the challenges and what can we do?
- A special website for registration, abstract submission and information about the program,speakers, abstracts etc.
All members of the AI&II are invited to this symposium. This is an opportunity to find out what great science is happening in your city, a chance to share your own exciting work and to find collaborators you did not evenknow work right around the corner. Of course, attendance is free.
- We have put together a scientific program that caters to basic and clinical researchers of each ofthe three programs of AI&II: infectious disease, cancer immunology and inflammatory disease.
- There will be plenary sessions with top notch international speakers, selected for their ability to appealto infectious disease/immunology researchers of diverse backgrounds.
- There will be 6 parallel sessions, 3 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. The sessions in the morning(one for each program) will have special emphasis on studies using cutting edge techniques (e.g. single cell techniques/imaging/omics), the sessions in the afternoon (also one for each program) are open to allinteresting fundamental or translational studies.
|All researchers (especially PhD students and postdocs) are encouraged to submit an abstract of maximally 1 A4.Deadline submission: May 1st, 2021. Abstracts will be published online.Oral presentations in the parallel sessions will be assigned based on submitted abstracts.Prizes of 250 euros will be awarded to the top presentations of each session.|
- There will be a special seminar plus panel discussion about the Corona virus outbreak: what are the challenges and what can we do? This is a unique opportunity to create a cross-institute, multidisciplinaryapproach to address an urgent problem.
- There will be talks by postdoc grant awardees.
- After the scientific program there will be drinks & music.
- without abstract: 0.5 ECTS / with abstract: 1 ECTS